Pregnancy Skincare ~ Fake Tanning Routine

During pregnancy emulating that oft admired 'golden glow' may be the last thing on your mind. Unfortunately for me, I am of that blue-white 'casper' skin tone ilk of human who really cannot comfortably opt out of fake tanning

Call it unnecessary, call me vain but this is the fake tanning routine that I have personally adopted throughout my pregnancy to help make me feel body confident/happy/healthy/generally more alive. For those among you who may be interested, these are the products I use and how I've been using them :)


1. Prep 

All veteran fake tanners know that step one in any good routine is exfoliate. Any scrub will do, but I highly recommend this one. It's really effective and doesn't leave any residue that might cause patchiness in your tan. Fundamental, clearly.

2. Body 

Straight up, best budget gradual tanner out there. If I was rich, I'd buy the St. Tropez one but I use so much of this stuff that I can't justify spending any more on a gradual tanner than I do with the Palmers one. 

As we preggos know, Palmers are well known for their Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream so my logic is why not get two for one on your evening body cream ritual and tan while you moisturise. I apply this gradual tanner to my whole body and neck, including the bump. I find it doesn't irritate my skin at all and it comes out the next day even and dark. I like this particular gradual tanner because it sinks in well and doesn't sit on top of the skin like I find others do, including the super popular Dove one. Age old question ~ does it smell like biscuits? Yes, chocolate biscuits but what do you want from life, of course it smells but the colour pay off for what it is is worth it in my view.

3. Face, Neck and Décolletage 

I'm sure you're wondering what the Vita Liberata Extra Rich Tanning Lotion is up to in this routine given that I've already covered the body section. This is the fake tan I would have used pre-pregnancy for occasions requiring a full on tan ~ a night out say. I absolutely could not be bothered to crack a mitt out and do a full tan for anything or anyone since I've been pregnant though so what I use this for now is to tan my face. 

Vita Liberata do a face only tanner but it's almost the same price as the body version and you get way less. I mix about four pumps of the body one with one pump of the Palmer's Gradual Tanner to make my own gradual face tanner. It looks scary when you first do it but trust me, when you wash off the colour guide the next day your face, neck and chest will be nice and bronzed. I do this because on it's own, the Palmer's gradual tanner does not tan my face at all, so it's always paler than the rest of my body. Not ideal.

4. Next Day Base 

Two final products. First No7 Naturally Sun Kissed Gradual Face Tanner. It's not the best gradual face tanner in the world but I use this in the main because it contains SPF15. I apply this under my make up to protect my face from the sun. I've been suffering from hyper-pigmentation throughout my pregnancy, so the last thing I want is actual sunlight torching through my face skin. This protects me and if it helps to maintain some bronzed goodness in my cheeks, great.

Finally Benefit Hoola Bronzer has been my summer bronzer of choice this year. This is what I've tended to reach for to add that final glow. 

There it is, my pregnancy fake tanning routine. I know it's not for everybody, but pregnant or otherwise hopefully some of you will have found this post of interest.

NB. NHS Guidelines advise against spray tanning in pregnancy. The use of se;f tanning creams and lotions are however generally considered safe. Always check product labels before using any skincare product during pregnancy.

Kathy
xx

Comments

  1. Pregnacare Belly Rub Oil's unique formula is infused with a blend of organic oils, It helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and contribute towards boosting elasticity, helping your body stretch safely. Most of the pregnant women are worrying about her body skin during pregnancy. Pregnacare is suitable for even sensitive skin, you can experience a nourished, hydrated and silky soft tummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts