Third Trimester Food Diary Friday #9


Food Diary Friday #9


10:00am- Breakfast
Bowl of Fruit 'n' Fibre
Coffee with milk
Prenatal Vitamin 
Cordial and Ginger Beer

1:30pm - Lunch
Steak Bake
Raspberry Leaf Tea
Drumstick Lolly

7:30pm- Dinner
Pork Sausage Meatballs with Home Made Tomato and Basil Sauce and Linguine Pasta (recipe below)
Diet Lemonade
Green Tea with Mint

9:00pm- Snack
Options Belgian Hot Chocolate


Reflections


Today I spent most of the day in bed and felt like an absolute social deviant. I only really got up to cook this dinner as I felt I needed some token of productivity to show for my day. Everything aches and I have no energy. I watched the Hobbit and tried to relax without feeling guilty. I was borderline successful. 

I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant with 6 days to go till my due date. I'm totally knackered and feel like an enormous human entity. I rolled over in bed before and put my own neck out. This is the scale of my situation. I am a hazard to myself. 

In terms of food and diet, the sheer size of the baby is such that whilst he may be engaged, he's also back to booting me in the ribcage and crushing my stomach. Indigestion as a result is back but in a cruel twist the HUNGER I talked about in previous weeks remains. Out of sheer determination I made this sausage meatball meal and attempted to eat it all in a final farewell to normal sized dinners for the remainder of my pregnancy. If you fancy cooking this for your self, the recipe is below. 

Ingredients 

Fresh Stuff
Glug Olive Oil
6 Good Quality Pork Sausages (85%+) ~ Skinned and rolled into meatballs
1 Onion ~ diced
2 Peppers ~ diced
3 Cloves of Garlic ~ sliced
3 Mushrooms ~ sliced
Half a Fresh Chilli ~ sliced
Handful of Fresh Basil ~ shredded

Seasoning
Sea Salt 
Black Pepper 
Smoked Paprika ~ 1 tsp
Ground Cumin ~ half tsp
Piri Piri Seasoning ~ 1 tsp
Dried Oregano ~ 1 tsp

Wet Stuff
1 Carton Passata
1 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Paste or Puree
Splash Cider Vinegar
Splash Worcester Sauce
Half tsp runny honey

Pasta
Half a pack of Linguine ~ Boiled
Method

Place fresh ingredients into a large frying pan and fry on medium heat until the meat is golden and vegetables are soft. 

Throw in seasoning and fry on low heat for further 5 minutes

Add wet ingredients and simmer whilst the pasta cooks ~ add pasta to pan of boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.

Serve with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.

Serves 4.

Kathy
xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts